Having multiple options in screen recording apps makes this market very competitive as there are many quality check parameters which are responsible for a selection of 1 app out of all these. Some parameters have been listed below, on the basis of which we’ll rank the screen recording apps.
- Video quality: To ensure the fps, capture quality and visual quality without distortions in the final recorded file.
- Editing experience: Some screen recording tools offer editing features like highlighting some elements with a pen like experience etc. which gives tutorial/teachers makers easy workflow.
- Ease: There are many free and paid software programs which offer screen recording features, but only a few of them are easy to understand, record and even broadcast directly to streaming services.
- Length: Recording software programs offer limited time of recording screen per video to their basic users. So, in these parameters we will keep in mind that which tool is best in this segment.
- Maximum no. of video per month or per account: Total no. of video you can record on a program are limited in free, basic, and even in premium memberships. This limit expands with an increase in membership plan upgrades.
- No. of maximum users allowed: You only get a limited number of users usually in most of the plans offered by Software programs except Enterprise plan.
- Pricing: This is one of the major parameters which affect a user’s choice, as some apps are really expensive if they have bad user experience.
- Cloud Saving, Publishing & Link sharing: This feature is very rare in screen recording or screen casting software programs. But it is one good option for people to just record. And share a playable link like you share YouTube links with someone which makes your video device independent too.
- Third-Party Integration: Most of the software programs offer third party linking, like PowToon is now linked with MS PowerPoint. These integrations help you speed up your work by reducing no. of steps you are going to do after 1 step.
- Natural Color Capture: There are many tools which produce very bad videos after capturing them. Some of them are like OBS studio. It’s good but its default setting produces bad quality videos.
Below listed are the tools ranked based on above shared features:
- Below listed are the tools ranked based on above shared features:
1. XBox Game Bar:
This feature has been introduced by MicroSoft since Windows 10 release. Xbox game is majorly there for game recordings but can also be sued in other apps, browsers to record/export natural quality videos. This is totally free and is best in the segment.
Where to find Xbox Gamebar?
Go to Windows 10 Start options, search for Xbox gamebar and open the recording softwares.
If you are looking for an external or totally good screen recording software program from a third-party developer platform, this tool gives you everything mentioned in the above list of features which makes it rank in no. 1 among top 3rd party tools for screen recording.
Ranked at #2 because it is not pre-installed in Windows 10. It all the features listed above like good video quality, link sharing, cloud sync, easy to use buttons, team management, unlimited length, unlimited no. of videos, 3rd party integration with Google Chrome and MicroSoft Teams as well. Too many features are there with free and unlimited no. of features in single Desktop app. App is available for Windows and MAC OS as well so you can use it anywhere, anytime as the app saves all the data in its cloud-based software system.
Download Berrycast for Desktop and signup with Coupon Code NAVEEN123 to get an additonal off on this amazing, affordable software program.
3. MicroSoft PowerPoint:
This is one of the most underrated software for screen recordings. Many professionals and teachers, and students use MicroSoft PowerPoint everyday but, only a few people know that it offers a good feature for screen recording as well. This tool is paid only and created/published by MS in MS Office software package. It is easiest, also provides the best quality video and also provides export/PPT integration options as well.
Where to find this feature in MS PowerPoint?
Open PowerPoint App>Open Insert Section>Click on Last Option in the List (i.e. Screen Recording).
4. APowerSoft Screen Recorder:
This app provides quality video which is quite presentable if you want to use it on YouTube, Presentations and on any tutorials as well. Colors are natural, no distortions and also come with affordable premium membership. Yes, for free users it has limits in time, quality and no. of videos but the quality it gives is unmatchable with the ones listed below. App is available for both Windows and MAC users.
5. OBS Studio
Most used comes with very streaming features too and is popular in every operating system like MAC, Windows, and Linux too. This comes with a free open-source license. And is used by gamers, streamers, tutors to record edit and publish videos on various digital platforms. I personally don’t like this app because of its unnatural default colors. But, you can setup/edit color according to your needs, also you can play with the resolution in this app. OBS Studio also comes up with very good editing features which makes it an overall fit for every kind of user.
It’s not simple enough to use as compared to other programs listed above. Else, it would have been better in this ranking list.
6. Nvidia Studio:
Nvidia Screen recording and streaming engine comes with Windows 10 and can screen record with very good quality. This app is totally free with Nvidia GPU laptops and can stream simultaneously while recording screen. Resolution and OS depends because of Apple MAC’s M1 silicon and custom GPUs but for Windows it’s one of the best recorders available till date.
7. Filmora Screen Recorder:
Filmora comes with plenty of apps offering video editing, screen recording with good effects and Chrome key etc. App with premium feature named “Wondershare DemoCreator” is the recording software offered by Filmora i.e. Wondershare Inc. It’s very cheap in price and comes with a maximum of no. of features among all mentioned in the list except cloud saving, link sharing and team roles etc.
An average quality screen recording provider which comes with 5 minutes length for a video recording in free access. This tool is very easy to use and comes up with simple limited features so you’ll like its premium version as well. Export resolution is also decent. This app is available for Windows as well as for MAC users. There’s no availability for Linux/Unix users.
It’s most affordable in the list with lifetime membership and updates. No. of users vary for paid plans but for free, you have limited access but provide good quality on free and paid plans too.
10. VSDC Screen Recorder:
This program is only available for Windows OS but provides free, average quality video. You can download it from its official website i.e. Download VSDC.
Thanks for reading this blog, your comments will be helpful for our upcoming content.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.